Monday, May 21, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I'm heading to Jacob's Pillow tomorrow; my flight leaves at 10:18AM EST. I have been reading a brochure about their coming season, and here are some performances I am really looking forward to:
  • AurĂ©lia ThierrĂ©e of France, who works using techniques from acrobatics, clowning, and puppetry.
  • The U.S. premieres of two Netherlands-based companies, Nederlands Dans Theatre II, and Club Guy & Roni.
  • The U.S. premiere of Mimulus, a Brazilian group which combines tango, theater, and contemporary dance.
  • Hubbard Street Dance Chicago--I've heard these guys are great, and I'm excited to see them.
All the other stuff on the program looks great as well, and I will blog about as much of it as I possibly can. Pillow policy is that I may take photos for personal use, but that I may not post them to the Internet without permission. I plan to seek permission to post pictures here, but if it is denied (as I expect it will be), I will probably just send pictures to anyone who asks. Please subscribe to my RSS feed; I expect this summer will be an exciting one!

No comments: